top of page

UA News and the Unconventional Ag event series are no longer being offered. You can continue to stay updated on the global ag, agtech, food, and food tech sectors through our other publications and events: Global AgInvesting conference series, AgInvesting Weekly, Agtech Intel NewsWomen in Agribusiness Summit, and Women in Agribusiness Today.  We are grateful for your past support, and look forward to staying connected with you through our range of media platforms.

NEWS.png
  • Condensed by Lynda Kiernan-Stone, Unconventional Ag Media

ADM, Marathon’s $350M Soy JV Begins Operations

Archer Daniels Midland (ADM) and Marathon Petroleum Corp. announced the start of operations for Green Bison Soy Processing - their joint venture located in Spiritwood, North Dakota.

Launched to help meet demand for renewable fuels, Green Bison Soy Processing is North Dakota’s first dedicated soy processing complex able to both source and process the local crop. Under the terms of the agreement, ADM owns 75 percent of the venture, with Marathon owning the remaining 25 percent.


The facility will have the capacity to produce approximately 600 million pounds of refined soybean oil, or enough to make about 75 million gallons of renewable green diesel per year, with all oil to be supplied exclusively to Marathon. For ADM, the start of operations at the site will add about 1.5 million tons of crushing capacity to its U.S. footprint, allowing for more production of low-carbon intensity feedstocks.



Yorumlar


NeverStop - 650x85.jpg
CPM Logo Image
LECO Ad Image
MOSOY-NovDecJan-1000 x825-02.png
UA News Subscribe Image

CONTRIBUTE

Contact Lynda Kiernan-Stone,

editor of Unconventional Ag News, to submit a story for consideration: 
lkiernan-stone@highquestgroup.com

bottom of page